- Focal Length-18 - 270mm,,Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 28.8 - 432 mm
- Aperture-Maximum: f/3.5 - 6.3,,Minimum: f/22 - 40
- Camera Mount Type-Canon EF
- Format Compatibility-APS-C
- Angle of View-75° 33' - 5° 55'
- Minimum Focus Distance-1.61' / 49 cm
- Magnification-0.26x Maximum Reproduction Ratio-1:3.8
- Optical Design-16 Elements in 13 Groups
- Diaphragm Blades-7, Rounded
All-in-one zoom is designed for APS-C-format Canon EF-mount DSLRs and provides a 28.8-432mm equivalent focal length range.One anomalous partial dispersion (AD) element and two low dispersion (LD) elements are used to greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to achieve high clarity with accurate color rendering.One hybrid aspherical element and two molded glass aspherical elements are featured to minimize spherical aberrations and distortion throughout the zoom range in order to promote greater sharpness.BBAR (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection) coating has been applied to lens elements to reduce surface reflections and prevent lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color accuracy.VC (Vibration Compensation) image stabilization is incorporated into the lens' design to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting in low-light conditions.PZD (piezoelectric drive) is used to achieve fast, quiet, and accurate autofocus performance to suit both still photography and video applications.Fluorine coating has been applied to the front lens element to repel water, fingerprints, and smudges for easier cleaning of the lens surface.